Updates Regarding Covid-19
The health and well-being of your pet, family, and our team members are top priority. As the situation around the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we want to assure you we plan to remain open during our regular business hours.
We are closely monitoring the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local authorities regarding the spread of the virus to ensure we are taking the appropriate precautions and actions to keep patients, clients, and employees healthy and safe during this time.
During this time, we will be changing to a “hands-free” practice for appointments, services, and procedures. We are taking this precaution to eliminate constant contact of door handles, countertops, pens, and to aid in social distancing. By taking these safety measures, it is our goal to be able to remain open to serve the needs of our community’s pets.
Appointments and service will be handled through a “hands-free” practice that will entail:
- Pre-schedule your appointment and bring dogs on a leash and cats in a carrier -Pre-scheduled your appointment and bring your cat in a carrier
- Upon your arrival at the clinic, remain in your vehicle and call us at (415) 658-5553 to check-in
- A team member will discuss all your needs and concerns by phone during check-in - One of our CSR`s will bring you a drop-off form to fill out detailing your cat's history and reason for your visit today.
- A team member will meet you in the parking lot and individually bring your pet(s) in for evaluation and care - A team member will meet you at our lobby door on the check-in side and individually bring your cats in for their appointment.
- You may choose to wait in your vehicle during your pet’s examination or return at a later scheduled pick up time. - If you have a set appointment please wait in your vehicle and the doctor or technician will call you with their exam findings and recommendations, if your cat is here for drop-off or emergency appointment please plan on returning at a scheduled time once the doctor has made their treatment recommendations
Once the examination and treatments are complete, you may pay over the phone by credit/debit card. If you are paying by check or cash, a team member will take the payment at your car.
Pick Up and Drop Off
If you pet has a procedure scheduled with us, we will follow a similar protocol: we will pick your pet up from your car, check you in, and address any questions. Your veterinarian will contact you following your pet’s procedure and let you know when you pet is ready for pick-up. Call us when you get here and please stay in your vehicle. We will bring your pet to you and address any other questions you may have.
Medication and Food
We ask that you request medication or food refills in advance via phone or email. Call us when you arrive to the hospital, payment will be taken over the phone, and we will bring the food or medication to the door.
Additional Measures we are Asking Clients to Follow:
- Please do not come to our clinic if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have a fever.
- Please reschedule your pet’s veterinarian appointment if you have been in contact with anyone that has had a fever or possible COVID-19 exposure.
Pets and the Coronavirus:
It is important to note that there is currently no evidence that pets can become sick with COVID-19. Infectious disease experts, as well as the CDC, World Organization for Animal Health, and World Health Organization indicate there is also no evidence to suggest that pet dogs or cats can be a source of infection with SARS-CoV-2, including spreading COVID-19 to people. More investigation is underway and as we learn more, we will update you.
The CDC and The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)also have comprehensive websites with up-to-date information about COVID-19 and your pet(s). Additional information about the Coronavirus and your pets’ health are available at the following online resources:
We value your partnership in your pet’s healthcare and appreciate your patience, understanding, and continued support. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Especially Cats Veterinary Hospital
1339 Taraval St San Francisco, CA 94116
Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm